Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Brooks' Top 10

I love seeing repeats on these lists. Brooks (in brief: Hayden's high school roommate, a recent resident of San Francisco, all-around funny guy, blogger [www.brooksrun.blogspot.com], and boyfriend of the lovely and talented Autumn) has noted that he has two overlaps with Wib's list.

in no particular order:
Atomised, Michel Houellebecq
Tender Is The Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Market Forces, Richard Morgan (a recent read, which I adored, but it's also just been optioned by Joel Silver to be the next Matrix. But it was fantastic in the same way as Shogun.)
Shogun, James Clavell (I bought a samurai sword halfway through)
Carter Beats The Devil, Glen David Gold
Really The Blues, Bernard Wolfe, Mezz Mezzrow (autobiography)
Dr. Excitement's Elixir Of Longevity, William Ryan (criminally out of print)
The Moviegoer, Walker Percy (only book I read every couple years)
Franny and Zooey, Salinger
A Wrinkle In Time, Madeleine L'Engle

1 comment:

Alex said...

The only book on that list I've read is Atomised, Micehl Houllebecq is a cool author, suprising that it comes across so well after translation too! I bought lanzarote too, but I haven't got round to reading that one yet :(